This space will be used for current updates, or something special I might want to tell you about.
Massage has many benefits, the most commonly known being RELAXATION! Everyone loves
to get a massage and just totally space out and let go.
But did you know that massage...
- Facilitates growth
- Increases attentiveness and learning, which has positive implications for thos with ADD, hyperactivity, or learning disabilities
- Alleviates pain
- Improves immune function (massage increases the number of natural killer cells, which has implications for those with AIDS, cancer, and viral diseases
- Reduces stress
- Promotes healing of psychiatric problems
- Assists in overcoming addictions such as cigarette smoking
- Supports effective digestion and breathing through stimulation of the vagus nerve
- Diminishes premenstrual symptoms
- Lowers blood pressure, anxiety, and hostility levels in people with high blood pressure
- Increases job performance (after a 15 minute chair massage, computation time with figures was cut in half and accuracy almost doubled)
- Reduces the number of headache days in migraine headches
- Reduces pain and increases range of motion in individuals with low back pain
- Improves grip strength, funtional activities, positive mood, self-esteem, and body image in multiple sclerosis
- Improves caregiver-child relationships for abused and neglected children
This information taken from "Mosby's Fundamentals of Theraputic Massage 2nd Ed" by Sandy Fritz